Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO
    • Member ID: 11
    • Power Level: 13644

• Aliases

gralic
Mafia

What is Mafia?

Mafia at its most basic is a game of two teams - on one side is the Innocent team, players who are trying to discover and eliminate the Mafia aligned players. Their opponents, the Mafia, are much fewer in number however they have the ability of knowing who each other are (and thus being able to work as a team) and also having the ability to eliminate an Innocent player at the end of each round.

In addition to these vanilla roles, many hosts will choose to give various players additional abilities to help their team win. A host has no bias towards which team wins - their job is to come up with and assign the roles and game theme, keep the game flowing, and ensure the rules are being followed at all times.

For more information on how the game is played, and to view the Rules, please visit this topic and check out some of the previous games as linked to below.

Current Game

Mafia XIV - Final Fantasy is currently running!!

Please visit the topic, have a look at how we play, PM the host for access to the Chat topic, and if you like what you see, then keep your eyes peeled for the Mafia Game XV signups!!

Upcoming Games

There is a maintained list of upcoming games and hosts located here.

If you want to host a game, simply request your name be added to the list. No prior experience is necessary - everyone is a first-time host at some point, and there will be plenty of veterans on hand to give you any help you require to make your game and theme the best it can be!

The second round of games will begin when everyone who wants to host has had a shot at hosting :thumbs:

Previous Games

Mafia I: Chicago ran from 5th October 2012 to 13th October 2012 and was ran by webhead. It had 11 players, generated 435 replies and resulted in an Innocent victory. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafia II: Battlestar Galactica ran from 15th October 2012 to 22nd October 2012 and was ran by Xylus. It had 13 players, generated 806 replies and resulted in a Mafia victory. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafia III: Death Note ran from 24th October 2012 to 8th November 2012 and was ran by Chaoxytal. It had 19 players, generated 1,289 replies and resulted in a Mafia victory. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafia IV: Supernatural ran from 12th November 2012 to 28th November 2012 and was ran by Ghostfire. It had 16 players, generated 893 replies and resulted in a Mafia victory. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafia V: The Center ran from 3rd December 2012 to 19th December 2012 and was ran by Betty. It had 21 players, generated 1,283 replies and resulted in a Flawless Mafia victory. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafia VI: Agent Under Night-Fire was a Mini mafia that served as a break from full sized games. It was run by Skyfall from 22nd December 2012 to 27th December 2012, had 7 players, generated 129 replies and resulted in a Mafia* victory. The signups can be viewed here. There was no Aftermath.

Mafia VII: Community Paintballfia ran from 31st December 2012 to 7th January 2013 and was ran by Blackjak. It had 15 players, generated 751 replies and resulted in an Innocent victory. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafia VIII: Archer Spy Games ran from 9th January 2013 to 14th January 2013 and was ran by Oochie. It had 11 players, generated 369 replies and resulted in an Other victory. Ghostfire (Mafia) and Garlic Junior (Innocent) were the two remaining players, however due to the stalemate nature of their roles the victory was awarded to the two individual players and not to either team. The signups can be viewed here, and the Aftermath topic viewed here.

Mafix IX: Insane Asylum ran from 15th January 2013 to 24th January 2013 and was ran by Garlic Junior. It had 18 players, generated 935 replies and resulted in an Innocent (including Ghostfire) victory. Ghostfire was a self-aligned player whose final alignment (and win condition) depended on the final status of two other players. The signups can be viewed here, for the first time there was a Spectator's chat topic which can be viewed here,
We must stop your tyranny, Gralic. Keeping you from 12,000 posts is my goal.
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

Xylus

• The One Who Knocks
    • Member ID: 49
    • Power Level: 4685

• Aliases

Nairn Smoith
Excellent work, comrade.
Posted Image

Mad Jr

• Mad Effect
    • Member ID: 5
    • Power Level: 9115
Mafia's winning too much.

Xylus

• The One Who Knocks
    • Member ID: 49
    • Power Level: 4685

• Aliases

Nairn Smoith
People need to trust my gut more, it's a valuable ally.
Posted Image

Blackjak

• Defender of Logic
    • Member ID: 37
    • Power Level: 5839
Except when you're Mafia or running the game.

So 50% of the time. :P
Posted Image

[00:10] <webhead> i am webhead and try to put my weiner in my butt when i take showers

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
Updated for Game V, except the Personal Stats.
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
Is it just me who finds it odd that the Innocents have not won a single game since the first one, where immediately it was pegged that me and Chax were "hand picked" then it was up to Betty to try and gain a Mafia win on her lonesome?

Man.... the Innocents need to buck up their ideas for Game 7 :nod:
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

DeeJay

• See You Space Cowboy
    • Member ID: 25
    • Power Level: 1174

• Aliases

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
It's because I'm not playing at the moment. ;)
Posted Image

Blackjak

• Defender of Logic
    • Member ID: 37
    • Power Level: 5839
You could be, Dee ;)
Posted Image

[00:10] <webhead> i am webhead and try to put my weiner in my butt when i take showers

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
Just noticed, both Innocent victories were Near Flawless.

In both Games I and VII Skyfall was killed in Day 1, the only innocent death. The group then went on to lynch a Mafia member every day for three days, ending the game at conclusion of Day 4 :lol:

Poor Sky :(

Actually, never mind :rip: brain fried.

Silhouette was killed Day 4 of Chicago. Game ended Day 5, with 2 innocent daytime deaths.
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

UltraSSJ

• Former Staff
  • Watch Master
    • Member ID: 7
    • Power Level: 1679
So maybe we should take this as a sign? Like, if Skyfall gets lynched in day 1, and comes up innocent, then the Mafia will lose one member in each concurrent day?

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
He also died first in Game IV :lol: though he was Death (Grey) in that game.

Poor guy :P
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

Ghostfire

• Former Staff
  • Gotham Undead
    • Member ID: 4
    • Power Level: 5853
He was actually Chuck, an innocent. Read the aftermath. :P
Posted Image

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
oh yeah :lol: well, I can't remember everything :P good shout!
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
There's the OP updated again.

One more Innocent victory and we'll be tied!!

If someone / a few people want to follow Ghostfire's lead and work on the Statistics ( http://www.thecenter...fia-statistics/ ) that'd be appreciated. Even if you just spew out some raw data in a collected format I'll make it look pretty.

Also, remember there's the Favourite Performance ( http://www.thecenter...ia-performance/ ) topic ;)
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

Chaoxytal

• Administrator
  • Self-Aligned
    • Member ID: 3
    • Power Level: 7216

• Aliases

Digital Chaos
Lets update this!

Translation: Hey Garlic... if you could just do everything... that'd be great. :koffing:
Posted Image

Garlic Junior

• SQUARE GO

• Aliases

gralic
Maybe one day.... it was 7 months ago but I'm still super bummed out that the OP deleted half my post (I'd done up to like Game 12 then a bunch of stats and shit and it cut it off after Game 9 :crying: )
> Peeve

Posted Image

R.I.P. Ralph Coers

Rulkster

• Member ID: 195
    • Power Level: 3121

• Aliases

Angel of Death
I actually completely forgot about this topic....
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users